To remove grease stains from fabric upholstery:
1. Scrape away dried grease with a dull plastic utensil. Blot fresh grease stains with paper towels to remove as much grease as possible.
2. Sprinkle baking soda over the stain to cover it completely.
3. Allow the baking soda to sit on the stain for at least 15 to 20 minutes to help absorb the grease.
4. Remove the baking soda with the brush attachment of the vacuum cleaner.
5. Dampen a clean cloth with dry-cleaning solvent.
6. Sponge the solvent onto the stain with the cloth.
7. Blot the area with a clean dry cloth to remove the residual stain.
8. Inspect the area. If any stain remains that the solvent couldn’t eliminate, mix 1 tbsp. of grease-cutting bleach-free dish soap into 2 cups of warm water with 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
9. Sponge the solution onto the stain with a sponge or clean cloth.
10. Blot the area with a clean damp cloth to remove the lingering stain.
11. Cover the area with baking soda to help absorb moisture from inside the sofa.
12. Vacuum the area with the brush attachment of the vacuum cleaner when the area is dry.